Crisis Numbers- If In a Emergency dial 911or Go to nearest Hospital
- National Suicide Hotline
- 800-784-2433 (800-SUICIDE), 7 days 24 hours (Connects callers to the closest crisis center in Alameda county )
- Crisis Support Services of Alameda
- Berkeley Mental Health Mobile Crisis Support-
- 510-981-5290 - Provides mobile crisis response for Berkeley and Albany residents. Operates 7 days per week 11am to 11pm except Tuesday hours are 4pm- 11pm.
- California Youth Crisis Line
- Access Line- multilingual call center provides crisis response, information and referral for anyone in Alameda County
- 1 800 491-9099
- BAWAR (Bay Area Women Against Rape
- California Victim Compensation Program
Post Traumatic Relationship Syndrome/Emotional Abuse
OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)
- Berkeley Aging Services Division
National Alliance on Mental Illness Phone: 510-334-7721
- Family Paths 24 Hour Support & Resource Line (Parents/Caregivers)
- (800) 829-3777 (Alameda County)
- Talk Line/Parenting Support Line
- Alameda County Parental Stress Hotline: 510-893-5444
- Parents Without Partners- largest international, nonprofit membership organization devoted to the welfare and interests of single parents and their children.
- Family Resource Network of Alameda County- offers peer support, information and referral, advocacy, and training to families in Alameda County who have children with disabilities from birth to age 22. Phone: 510-547-7322
- Unmarried Equality- advocates for equality and fairness for unmarried people, including people who are single, choose not to marry, cannot marry, or live together before marriage
- National Coalition for Sexual Freedom (NCSF)- committed to creating a political, legal and social environment in the US that advances equal rights for consenting adults who engage in alternative sexual and relationship expressions. Phone- 410-539-4824
- Books :
- The Gottman Relationship Blog- developed an approach that not only supports and repairs troubled marriages and committed relationships, but strengthens happy ones.
- Comfort Zone Camp- a nonprofit bereavement camp that transforms the lives of children who have experienced the death of a parent, sibling, or primary caregiver.
- Hello Grief- discussion about the impact of loss, and how to help grieving persons cope; as well as build a community of support for those living with grief
- Hospice of the East Bay- provides compassionate end-of-life care to terminally ill patients, while offering emotional, spiritual, and grief support for the entire family.
- Gay Straight Alliance Network- student-run club in a high school or middle school that brings together LGTBQ and straight students to support each other, provide a safe place to socialize, and create a platform to fight for racial, gender, LGTBQ, and economic justice
- LYRIC - vision- is a diverse society where LGBTQQ youth are embraced for who they are and encouraged to be who they want to be .
- Gender Spectrum- helps to create gender sensitive and inclusive environments for all children and teens.
- National Center for Transgender Equality- national social justice organization devoted to ending discrimination and violence against transgender people through education and advocacy on national issues of importance to transgender people
- PFLAG- uniting people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer with families, friends, and allies.
- Family Equality Council- connects, supports, and represents parents who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer and their children.
- LGBTQ Students and College Affordability
Divorce Support for Families/Kids
- Kids Turn- comprehensive service for children and family members who are affected by familial separation. http://kidsturn.org/kt/about/ 415.777.9977
Self Care/Self Compassion